HVAC INSTALLATION FOREMAN / LEAD MECHANIC
REPORTS TO: Vice President Operations
The Foreman supervises a crew of field mechanics in the installation of HVAC systems, equipment, sheet metal ductwork, piping, wiring, and controls
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes, supervises, leads and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and timeframes. “Run Work”
- Properly manages field manpower level on project to accomplish the workload per the schedule
- Manages overall field labor costs through budgeted hours and composite rates. Weekly manpower is forecasted through communication with VP Operations
- Completes required paperwork in a timely manner including payroll
- Enforces all company and client-required safety policies and procedures
- Complies with all company policies, procedures and safety requirements, including employee discipline and documentation
Travel to, and work at out-of-town job sites as needed. (Compensation for travel including gas, lodging and per diem is paid.)
- Requires regular attendance and ability to get along with others
- Thorough knowledge and ability to perform all regular and advanced installation/construction duties, including the following:
- Thorough knowledge of HVAC systems
- Ability to do Take – Offs
- Read, interpret, and follow architectural, structural, electrical, piping and HVAC drawings for construction, installation and assembly
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines according to drawings using squares, chalk lines, lasers, tape measures, and scale rulers
- Install assemblies in supportive framework according to drawings using hand tools, power tools, and lifting and handling devices
- Maneuver completed units/equipment into position for installation, and anchor equipment, air-handling units, and fans
- Must be able to weld and may be required to be certified to weld
- Competent brazing and soldering skills
- Must be able to complete training and testing to be certified to operate jobsite equipment (Scissor lift, articulating boom lift, rough-terrain forklift, etc.)
Supervisor Responsibility: This position directly supervises employees. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education/Experience: High school graduation or equivalent. Prefer 10+ years of field experience and training in similar work setting. Must have 3+ years experience as Foreman/Lead Mechanical installer.
Communication Skills/Requirements: Able to communicate with employees and other members of supervision as to work in progress, work completed, and/or work to be preformed in the future. Able to complete appropriate paperwork, forms, etc. to document work in progress and/or completion.
Mathematical Ability: Able to perform routine addition, subtraction, multiplication and/or division. Able to read and use various measuring devices.
Reasoning Ability: Able to make significant decisions related to construction projects and employees. Able to understand and carryout the requirements of the position in which employed.
- KY Journeyman License
- 10 Hour OSHA minimum, 30 hour preferred
- EPA Certification
- Valid driver license with good driving record
- Other Equipment operation licenses as required
Physical Demands: Stand for long periods of time to perform essentials of work assigned. Will walk and move throughout the work area/job site as needed. Will lift up to 50 lbs unassisted and 100+ lbs with use of lifting devices or help from other employees. Generally will push, pull, reach and stoop as needed. Must be confident working from heights off of ladders, lifts and scaffolding.
Work Environment: Traditional job site area. Noise level within accepted standards. Temperature can vary with change of seasons.
Additional Information: Responsible for own safety and the safety of employees. Responsible for adherence to established safety standards and wearing of prescribed safety devices/PPE.
The above description represents the essential and most significant duties of the position. It is not intended to exclude other work duties, assignments and responsibilities not noted herein.
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and income requirements to Kim Valmore, Director of Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.