VERTICAL PROJECT MANAGER
Commercial HVAC is a Design Build Contractor specializing in the installation and service of HVAC equipment and systems. We are proud to be a part of the Grote Enterprises‘ family of companies. These companies, headquartered in Cincinnati, provide our customers and their clients with the greatest design build and construction value available.in the Midwest region. The Grote Team of Associates are driven by firm Core Values that focus on the respect and development of our associates, technology and processes. Our excellent reputation is grounded in the exceptional talent of our design, manufacturing and installation staff.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits including health care, life insurance, long term disability, 401k plan and optional dental, vision and short term disability. Income will be commensurate with qualifications and level of experience. Opportunities for growth and career advancement are available within our team.
Commercial HVAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate unlawfully against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any term or condition of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable local, state or federal law.
OVERVIEW OF THE VERTICAL PROJECT MANAGER ROLE:
Consistent with the Commercial HVAC Core Values and Strategic Vision, plan and execute every aspect of each project using prior experience and project management best practices to deliver targeted gross profit while building and maintaining a strong relationship with our customers, subcontractors, vendors, internal partners and the owner.
1. Identify, estimate and secure projects that are consistent with the Commercial HVAC mission.
2. Manage every aspect of the financial planning, cost tracking and variance reporting. Take the necessary corrective actions early and as often as needed (including job cost budgets, schedule of values, material and equipment purchase orders, sub-contractor contracts and cost to completes.)
3. Develop a manpower plan for each project in conjunction with the VP of Operations. Monitor project productivity weekly and address variances early. Provide regular updates to the VP and President.
4. Lead and support the development of a project schedule and actively participate in the look ahead and schedule update meetings.
5. Coordinate the available office & on-site resources to assure all constructability, logistics, rigging and fabrication opportunities and issues are thought through and planned out in a way that ensures budgeted labor and materials are not exceeded.
6. Be proactively aware and conscious of preserving and improving the relationship with the customer. Our performance and relationship on the jobs we do today have a direct bearing on the opportunities we secure in the future. Addressing impacts and adhering to agreed upon schedules is critical to meeting the bid GP and having a successful job. However the art of dealing with these challenges and conflicts in a positive, professional and documented “logic based approach” and being recognized as a “planner and solutions provider” is critical to building an on-going relationship.
- 5 + years directly related experience and education in commercial HVAC systems is required
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Thorough knowledge of HVAC equipment and air handling systems
- Refrigeration and Hydronic piping
- Ducting system including plan takeoff
- Good math, computer and general accounting skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Excellent problem solving, communication and customer relations skills
Ability to navigate job sites under construction including ladders, heights, and unpaved roads.Please submit resume and income requirements in confidence to Kim Valmore, Director of Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.